Thursday, October 8, 2015

Motor Vehicle Commission Pictures And Breast Cancer

You know I take the feelings of women with breast cancer very seriously as I myself had my feelings hurt so many times during treatment and after treatment as well.  I read this article today and to say I saw pink was an understatement.  Joanne Jodry, 53, from Neptune City, New Jersey, was diagnosed with stage-two breast cancer in April.  When she went to renew her license, the mother asked if she could use her old photo, which shows her with long blonde hair.  The Motor Vehicle Commission in Freehold told her she had to take a new photo, although she was allowed to wear a head scarf.  Imagine that, she was allowed to wear a head scarf an extension of kindness from the Motor Vehicle Commission I hope I never have to use!  Clearly Joanne I understand, you had no hair, no eyelashes and just plain look like crap so keeping your old picture was important for you.  We all want to go back to what we looked like pre-cancer, a reasonable request.  By the way, I won't mention how you feel during treatment time as I don't want to confuse the Motor Vehicle Commission with too many 
"things" at once.  Bad enough to feel like crap but to look like crap too adds insult to injury.  I'm sorry you and your daughter were left to tears over some rule that certainly any compassionate human being would have bent.  Not like the Motor And Vehicle Commission has never bent the rules or anything,  just saying.   Marian Bullock, an MVC spokeswoman, said the agency is bound to comply with state law, which requires a new picture every eight years for security purposes.   Marian I agree we must comply with the law however I think as the spokesperson for the Motor Vehicle Commission  certainly you can see what needs to be done to make this accommodation available to women battling  breast cancer or better yet any person battling cancer!  More importantly,  as a woman you have a moral obligation to see this through with a certain amount of compassion!  These days we all know someone battling cancer and what does it say for us as women if we don't do everything in our power lend our hand?  Lastly, to Joanne I saw the new picture, and I get it you feel terrible about yourself,   this is what I have to say to you Joanne, thank you for bringing this to my attention, thank you for caring enough about the countless women that will go get their license renewed while going through treatment and for looking out for them!  God knew I needed to see this and Joanne this too shall pass.  The only thing I see wrong in the new picture is that you didn't flip the bird!  I would have flipped the bird!  In case you would like to read the whole article here is the link!  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3263789/Woman-lost-hair-cancer-use-old-license-photo.html



  • No comments:

    Post a Comment